Beautiful Banana Bread
This delicious loaf is a firm favourite in our family. It was the first recipe I veganised and I cant resist making it every time we have over-ripe bananas.
Don't worry, if you don't have over-ripe bananas to hand. Bananas can be used as soon as they are ripe, I just find that they give a sweeter, richer flavour when they have been left for a little too long.
Banana Loaf Recipe
270 grams Dark Brown Sugar
2 tbsp Ground Golden Flaxseed
6 tbsp water
2 peeled Bananas
280 grams Self Raising Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp ground Ginger
1 tsp Cinnamon
45 grams Vegetable Oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 170C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Add all of the ingredients to the mixing bowl. Mix on a medium speed until combined, the mix should be mostly smooth with a few lumps of banana.
3. Pour into a loaf tin and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes. It should be firm to the touch and a skewer should come out clean from the centre.
4. Cool in the tin for a hour or so. Then turn out onto a wire rack until completely cool.
5. Enjoy on it's own or with ice-cream.